What information do I need to bring with me?
When you come to Snell Prosthetics & Orthotics for the first time, please bring the following items:
- Your Physicians Prescription
- Your New Patient Form (download below)
- Your Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid Information
- A family member or friend. Bringing another person can be helpful to you. They can help you remember instructions and may ask questions that you did not think to ask.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
What happens during my first visit?
You will be given some forms to fill out so that we can start a patient chart to have a record of your care. You will probably also be asked to provide us with your Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid information so that we can make copies for your chart. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early for your appointment to allow time for completing paperwork. You will be shown to a private patient room where an evaluation will be made by one of our practitioners. He or she may ask questions to get to know you and to find out more about your unique needs.
You will be measured for the prosthesis which was prescribed for you. Once this process is complete; you will be scheduled to return for the fitting of your first prosthesis.
What type of questions will the practitioner ask me during the initial evaluation?
The practitioner may ask you about:
- Your medical history and your prescription
- Your occupation, lifestyle, interests, activity level and the goals of your treatment
This evaluation will assist us in designing your orthotic or prosthetic device to meet your specific needs, so please provide as much information as possible.
How many visits will be required until I receive my first prosthesis?
While each case is different, generally at least 3-4 visits are required:
Visit 1 – Measurement and evaluation for the prosthesis
Visit 2 – Test fittings prior to fabricating the prosthesis
Visit 3 – Delivery and adjustments of the prosthesis
How do I pay for it?
Please visit our payment options page.